Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Part one of an xmas gift done...I think

I finished Mom's hat for Christmas. It just looks like crap though. It's waaaaay too tall. I don't know if I should frog it or just save it for someone else. I spent literally all day yesterday working on it and this morning finishing it up. I'm wondering whether I should adjust the pattern or try a different size needle. My gauge was fine for the stitches across and I've never had a problem with the height of my stitches but they're a little bigger than what the pattern calls for. If I redo it, I'm definately buying circulars though. DPNs are such a pain in my ass. They're good for small things but a hat is just too big to be dealing with them. I might just take the hat apart down to the ribbing. I'm not going to bother redoing that part I think. That wouldn't make that much of a difference.

In other news, I've started my first full week of Fly Lady. It's a plan to help clean and organize the home, working on one Zone (room combinations) each week. I didn't bother much with last week's Zone because I started it so late in the week, but I did shine my sink! It's helping out big time. Only problem is that most of what I'm supposed to do this week I already did on Saturday in my cleaning frenzy. If you're having trouble keeping your place clean, I definately recommend it. I only wish I could get Dad and Art to help out a bit more.