Sunday, August 19, 2007

I figured I should update since I've done a bit of knitting. I frogged Mom's hat to the ribbing but haven't restarted it yet. I just got the new needles I needed for it yesterday. Hopefully it'll be quicker this time around since I've already done the whole thing. Grrr...


I also started Art's Grandma's Christmas gift. It's a pretty simple poncho from Vogue Knitting: Ponchos. I couldn't find a picture of the poncho finished but here's what I have so far:






what I have done...it's hard to tell because the whole project is squished onto my circulars




detail of the cable pattern.

It's hard to see in the pictures. I have to get better at taking pictures of my work, especially for when I'm trying to sell it online.

I haven't worked much on Nicole's birthday gifts (Harry Potter sweater ornaments). I only have one done (knitting part at least...I have to make the hanger parts but those will all be done at once). They're so annoying to make and I'm only on my second one. The knitting isn't that bad...it's the sewing together, neck, and sleeve stitch pick-ups that are driving me crazy. And it's bad because these have to be done soon. I'll have to get working on them again.

I apparently have a job interview tomorrow in Brooklyn again. I really don't want to go. MapQuest said it's a 40 minute drive (without traffic of course which never happens around here) and HopStop said it's a 2 hour 40 minute public commute. Not quite what I really want to be doing every morning on my way to work. I'm also supposed to have an interview with a developmental institute for students with disabilities but the lady never returned my call. I'd much rather work here (with a substansial pay cut) since it's on Long Island and sooo much closer. It's for a teacher's assitant position but would give me a lot of special ed experience. I'm calling them in the morning again and hopefully this lady will be at her desk this time.