Sunday, August 26, 2007

I'm beginning to hate this poncho...

Now that there are so many stitches on it, it's taking FOREVER to do just one round. I haven't stopped to count in a while how many stitches I have (it's doesn't hurt the pattern if it's not exact) but man there's a lot. It's coming out pretty good though. I joined a new ball of yarn yesterday. I was surprise how much that little ball got me through. But now that it's so wide I'm sure this ball will go a lot faster. I'll have to try to get some pictures the next time I put it on scrap yarn to try it on and make sure it looks right.

What I really should be working on is the ornament set for Nicole's birthday (Sept. 15). It's right around the corner and I have pretty much nothing done. I found some more sweater ornament patterns that are done in the round so I might try making one of those instead. I'm really not a fan of the sewing together part, which given my sewing history should be a surprise. But I've never been a big fan of hand-sewing. Nicole tonight asked me to help her make her kitchen curtains. I've never made them but I can't imagine rectangular curtains being all that hard. I need to make some for our living room window because there's always a glare on the TV from the sunlight.