Tuesday, October 9, 2007

la di dah

I still haven't been able to take a picture of the finished poncho yet :o(. Daylight Savings is killing me. I can't remember the last time I got home from work when it was light out. And the 1986 lamp in our living room just isn't going to cut it for taking pictures of my FOs. Also because I've been getting home so late, I haven't had time to work on pretty much ANYTHING. I started the cabled baby blanket just as something to do during my breaks at work but then switched to a Harry Potter scarf for a lady who left work for another center. Needless to say, with 2 days notice to her leaving, I did not finish. Now in the mornings when I get to work a little early I started a double crocheted and shells scarf. I made a bunch of these last year as Christmas gifts and figured that I could just make it for a backup gift. They work up really quick (it's 3 rows of dc and then a shell border).

And speaking of gifts, I still have not finished Nicole's birthday gift or started any other Christmas gifts. I think I'm going to the Village Knitter for some new yarn for one project (it's their first birthday and I got a 25% off coupon in the mail for my whole order!!!). I don't think the yarn I originally bought will work for the pattern.

Part of the reason I haven't started any gifts is my needles. The situation with them is disasterous. I don't know where pretty much all of them are. Some are in a decorative box at my mom's (or maybe I brought it here....I don't really know anymore). Some are in the living room with my current projects. And some are in the screen house packed away with all my things from college. AAAHHHH! I have to start moving things out of my mom's house so they can put it on the market so hopefully soon my life will be somewhat more organized.

Not knitting related, but I'm telling you anyway. So far I've lost 6 pounds! Woot. And that's without exercising. I know I should exercise more but I just don't have the time or energy after chasing my kids at work all day. I do my best to get a nice 20 minute walk in while the kids are on the playground...they love to hold my hand and just circulate the playground. It's not much but it's the best I can do right now.